We have two specialist orthodontists, plus a team of welcoming, knowledgeable and professional staff.
Dr Russell Lovatt
Dr Russell Lovatt graduated as a dentist from the University of Otago in 1991. he worked in private practice in Australia for five years before completing his specialist degree in orthodontics from the University of Western Australia in 1998.
Since this time Dr Russell has been treating Cantabrians. He was co-owner of Riccarton Orthodontics from 1999 to 2012, before setting up Christchurch Orthodontics in 2012, following the earthquakes.
- Member of the New Zealand Dental Association (NZDA)
- Member of the New Zealand Association of Orthodontists (NZAO).
- Past treasurer of the NZAO
- Current chair of the NZAO's orthodontic practice accreditation program
Dr Chrissy Bailey
Dr Chrissy Bailey was born and bred in Christchurch. She graduated in Dentistry from the University of of Otago in 2003. She furthered her studies at the University of Melbourne, where she obtained her Doctorate in Orthodontics, graduating in 2009.
Dr Chrissy returned to Christchurch in 2015 after working privately at Pure Orthodontics in Melbourne, and publicly at the Royal Melbourne Dental Hospital, where she also taught orthodontics to Dental students.
Chrissy is passionate about working with her patients and getting to know them. She gets a great deal of satisfaction reflecting on the patients she has treated and the beautiful outcomes she has helped to achieve. She remembers the difference Orthodontic treatment made to her as a teenager, and enjoys coming to work knowing that she’ll have the same positive impact on her patients’ smiles.
Chrissy is married to Sonnie, and they have two young children, Ben and Anna.
- Canterbury Branch president of the New Zealand Dental Association (NZDA) (2019-2020)
- Member of the Australian Society of Orthodontists
- Member of the Australian Orthodontic Board
- Member of the Australasian College of Dental Surgeons
- Member of the Edinburgh College of Surgeons
- Member of the New Zealand Association of Orthodontics (NZAO)